Adagio by Softrak
Catagory: General Accounting – Class: Small to Medium Business
- Adagio Accounting is designed for organizations that manage $2 to $100 million in sales/revenue, with significant transaction volume and at least one person responsible for managing those transactions.
- http://www.softrak.com/products/industry/index.php (Sample list follows)
- Services Organization
- Not for Profit
- Professional Services
- First Nations / Native Americans
- Public Accounting
- All transactions can be entered with or without using a mouse.
- Five costing methods, alternate units of measure and customer pricing supported (Adagio Inventory)
- Powerful spreadsheet-based financial reporter with drag-and-drop simplicity.
- Good drill down capability is extremely useful for locating detail information.
- The Statement/Letter/Check/Invoice Designer that comes with the product makes it simple to create professional documents complete with company logo, MICR encoding on laser form checks, and so forth.
- Tight intergration with Excel for single click Financial Statements
Brief Product Description and Pricing
- Adagio Accounting is designed to be Microsoft Windows compatible, but for ease of use for those who liked the batch input style of posting transactions.
- Modular accounting system combines a batch interface that is easy to understand and control with online processing in order entry and inventory control. Modules in the Adagio product line include General Ledger, Receivables, Payables, Invoicing, Inventory, Order Entry, Sales Analysis, Purchase Orders, Payroll, Job Costing, Time & Billing, and Report Writing.
- There are a number of third-party applications that interface with Adagio, including Hotel Property Management, Warehouse Management, and Internet commerce shopping cart sales integration.
- Softrak provides a wide range of training for Adagio, both through its reseller channel, as well as direct. Training may be classroom style on-site or at a reseller’s business, as well as a variety of web-based seminars on each module.
- Adagio modules generally have an MSRP of $1500 per module. Discounts are normally available when multiple modules are purchased. Your Adagio Consultant Reseller can provide a complete quotation, including implementation and setup. Most Adagio sites typically spend between $5,000 and $25,000 getting up and running, with some specialized requirements may reach $50,000 or more, depending on third party solutions. Additional support and upgrade pricing can be found at http://www.softrak.com/pdf/supup-price.pdf.
- Windows XP SP 3 and higher
- 2Ghz CPU with 4GB RAM recommended.
- 250GB Disk Drive, with 120GB of space available for use.
- 1024×768 display resolution
- MS Small Business Server, MS Server 2008, 2003, Windows Terminal Serverl; Novell, and Linux may used if installed properly.
- Proprietary database
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
- Adagio accounting is very intuitive and straight forward. Those used to and desiring heads down, batch like data entry, or those adverse to using a mouse, will appreciate the speed and ease of use.
- Adagio Accounting is best implemented by trained Adagio Consultant Resellers. Adagio, while not complex, has full, rich options that are best exploited by one familiar with the alternatives. Installation, implementation, and training typically requires an investment comparable to the software license fees.
- Complete description of all modules here http://www.softrak.com/products/products.php.
Representative Client List
- Extremely popular in Canada, Adagio accounting has been making inroads into the U.S. market for the past several years. Contact the company directly for a short list of industries served and local installers.
Company History and Contact Information
Softrak Systems Inc. was founded in 1984, in Vancouver, Canada, specializing in Companion Products for ACCPAC® Plus™. Softrak has won awards from ACCPAC International for both Product and Developer of the year for their report writer and database repair service. The first modules in Adagio Accounting which began shipping in October 1999, were Ledger with Financial Reporter, Receivables, Payables, and Invoices. In 2011, Adagio Accounting includes 20 modules and more than a dozen Adagio Developer Partners provide another 20 plus Third Party solutions.
Andrew Bates, president of Softrak Systems Inc., has been involved with personal computers since Bill Gates was selling Radio Shack TRS-80 computers with 8K of RAM. His experience in small business computing spans over 30 years, and he has given presentations to user groups and professional organizations throughout his career.